Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Bear


Bear, who was a cool dude
August 12, 1996-December 3, 2008
Bear was born August 12 1996. We picked him up 8 weeks later and had the pleasure to be a part of his life for 12 years.
Bear was my wife’s baby and he was my buddy. I never thought I would or could love a smaller dog like I loved him. He has never bit a person or as far as I know he never even snapped at anyone. He was just a lovable little guy. He did not tolerate other dogs very well, but I think he was being protective of his family.
When you came home from work there he would be just kind of grinning, waiting for you to acknowledge him. He loved to be rubbed on the top of his nose. He loved his toys and he loved for you to play with him and his toys.
Bear would come into the den every night and let you know it was time to go to bed, he would not take no for an answer.
After many years of fun and company bear has gone over the rainbow bridge.
Linda and I will miss you Bear.






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Lan Xiao said...

Well, he did bite me a few times, but that is probably Karmic payback for what i did to Bebo. Anyways, i always loved Bear, and i will certainly miss watching him run endlessly in circles around my feet chasing the squeaky toys.

Unknown said...

It is never easy letting someone you love so much go but then there comes a time when you do not have a choice.
I met Bear around 9 years ago and I instantly fell in love with him, he made it easy though, he would greet you with a big smile and a wagging nubby tail, Bear loved people. John, Linda and Bear came to South Carolina for Thanksgiving we really enjoyed their visit, I am really glade that Jeff and I were able to spend some time with Bear. We will miss Bear but we also know that he like Indy has gone over the rainbow bridge and are again whole again, no pain and no fear.